2020 NextGen Supply Chain Solution Providers award winners announced
NextGen Solution Providers Award entry deadline was December 16, 2019. Thank you to all who submitted their projects.
In 2020, Supply Chain Management Review will honor up to five solution providers that have utilized NextGen supply chain technologies in a project implemented for a customer. While identifying the customer is preferred, it is not a requirement.
This award is not open to practitioners. Submissions were accepted through December 2019.
The awards will be announced at the NextGen Supply Chain Conference, November 3, 2020 at the Chicago Athletic Association (www.chicagoathletichotel.com) hotel in downtown Chicago, the only conference focusing on supply chains of tomorrow for senior level executives. Attendance at the NextGen Supply Chain Conference is not mandatory to be considered.
The award recognizes projects utilizing NextGen technologies in five categories:
- Artificial Intelligence, Big Data. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and/or Internet of Things
- Robotics in manufacturing, distribution or transportation operations
- Predictive Analytics
- Digital Transformation Of The Supply Chain
Projects can include planning, procurement, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and final mile delivery, order fulfillment/warehousing, talent and workforce and the end-to-end supply chain, including trading partner networks.
2020 Award Winners
Solution Provider Awards
- Robotics Winner: Tompkins Robotics Panelist: Mike Futch, President
- Blockchain Winner: IBM Panelist: Tom Ward, A.I. Project Leader
- Analytics Winner: LeanDNA Panelist: Richard Lebovitz, President & CEO
- AI Winner: LevaData Panelist: TBD
- Digital Transformation Winner: JD.com Panelist: Gordon Lu, Director of JD International Business
End User Awards
- Robotics Winner: NFI Panelist: Barbara Gress, Director of Innovation and Engineering
- Blockchain Winner: Lenovo Panelist: Bobby Bernard, Exec. Director, DCG Supply Chain Strategy & Innovation
- Analytics Winner: Dell Technologies Panelist: Thomas Maher, Senior Vice President of Global Service Parts
- AI Winner: Reyes Holdings Panelist: Pamela Armella Olazábal, Data Analytics Director
- Digital Transformation Winner: GE Appliances Panelist: Mark D. Shirkness, Vice President, Distribution
“This is the second year for the NextGen Supply Chain awards, and we’re proud to add a new category of awards for providers of NextGen technology solutions,” said Bob Trebilcock, editorial director of Supply Chain Management Review. Trebilcock added that the awards are merit based, and recognize supply chain professionals and solution providers who are moving technology forward. “Early adopters and first movers win in the marketplace,” he said. “We hope their stories will encourage other companies to follow their example.”
About NextGen Supply Chain Conference
The two-day conference will take place at the iconic Chicago Athletic Association, now a top-rated hotel, on November 2-4 and feature educational sessions and a small booth exhibit. More than 200 senior-level supply chain, operations, procurement and corporate executives will attend the inaugural event on downtown Chicago’s Magnificent Mile.
Both days of the conference will offer high-level sessions on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Digital Transformation tailored for CEOs, chief supply chain officers, vice presidents and directors of operations as well as procurement sourcing executives. In short, anyone with a leadership stake in the future of the supply chain.
Don’t expect to hear theory or basic explanations of these key technologies, explains Trebilcock. “All 25 members of our advisory board members are living NextGen technologies each day. They range from practitioners and suppliers to industry experts, academics and consultants. And the conference lineup reflects what they see as important day-to-day in the emerging supply chain of the future.”
Sponsors for the event include
Sponsors for the event include: Honeywell Intelligrated (Diamond sponsor and exhibitor); Association for Supply Chain Management (Platinum sponsor); Elemica (Gold sponsor); Berkshire Grey, Dematic, LeanDNA and Logility (Associate sponsors and exhibitors); OpenDock (exhibitor)….more to be announced soon.