Call For Abstracts Has Ended
The deadline was Friday, December 14, 2018, 5 PM EST. If you need any assistance, please contact Elena at email@example.com
NextGen Supply Chain Conference invites you to be part of the only industry conference for senior level supply chain executives focused on the technologies that will shape and power tomorrow’s supply chains. The event is designed to provide a concentrated learning environment over two days, along with networking opportunities with peers, presenters and exhibitors. It will be held April 16 – 17, 2019 at the Chicago Athletic Association hotel in Chicago, Illinois.
- All abstracts need to be submitted by Friday, December 14, 2018, 5 PM EST. Please review topic options below and complete the form. You will receive an automatic email upon submission confirming the receipt of your abstract.
- Any questions can be directed to Bob Trebilcock, Editorial Director, Supply Chain Management Review, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenters will be selected by the conference Advisory Board and not by Supply Chain Management Review.
As noted above, the NextGen Supply Chain Conference will focus on the emerging supply chain technologies that will shape and power tomorrow’s supply chains, including how those technologies are being applied to supply chain processes today or might be applied in the future.
Topic categories may include:
- – Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Robotic Process Automation
– Robotics, including mobile collaborative robotics, piece picking robots and drones
– Big Data and the Use of Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
– Manufacturing 4.0 and Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
– The Digital Transformation of the Supply Chain
– Technological Innovation and its impact on talent management and the workforce
– Case study examples of how a company is utilizing these technologies in a supply chain process
Attendees are responsible for the design and management of the end-to-end supply chain. For that reason, the Advisory Board will consider abstracts touching on the application of these technologies to core supply chain processes, including:
- – Planning, including autonomous “lights out” planning
– Procurement, including robotic process automation
– Transportation, logistics and last mile delivery
– Warehousing, distribution and order fulfillment
– Talent management
– Inventory optimization and management
– Network and supply chain optimization
– Reverse logistics
– Risk management & resilience
– Control towers
Abstracts should focus on the emerging technologies that are shaping the future of supply chain management and their impact on supply chain processes and the people working in supply chain.
- – Presentations can cover how emerging technologies might impact the breadth of responsibilities of today’s supply chain manager, including planning, procurement, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, distribution and order fulfillment and talent management.
– Abstract topics should be relevant to senior level supply chain managers responsible for setting the direction of their supply chains and executing supply chain processes. They can address corporate-level activities (planning, S&OP) as well as operational activities (manufacturing, order fulfillment, transportation and logistics) and talent management.
– Commercial abstracts will not be considered – while solution providers may submit a proposal, abstracts should focus on the application of emerging technologies to the supply chain and not on a solution providers offerings.
– NextGen Supply Chain Conference welcomes and encourages case study presentations by supply chain executives. Please get all necessary approvals from your organization prior to submitting an abstract. If outstanding approval issues remain at the time of submission, please note those for review.
– Conference will offer several presentation formats, including 60-minute presentation, including Q&A; 45-minute presentations, including Q&Q; 60-minute block comprised of 3 or 4 15-to-20 minute presentations on a specific topic; 60-minute case study presentations from practitioners; and panel discussions. Please indicate for which format or formats you wish to be considered.
If your presentation is not selected by the Advisory Board, please indicate whether you are interested in participating on a panel discussion.
To enable the Advisory Board to judge each abstract adequately, please provide a brief description of the proposed presentation, relevant application of information to supply chain managers and high-level conclusions and observations.
Notification of Acceptance
You will be notified of your acceptance into the technical program in late December 2018 to early January 2019. You will have seven (7) days from when the acceptance e-mail is sent to confirm your participation. If we do not receive your confirmation after a follow-up e-mail, we will assume you are no longer interested in participating in the program.
Technical Program Format
Upon final approval of the technical program, each accepted speaker will be contacted. Full speaker guidelines will be provided at that time. Please see below for initial information.
- – Content will be run in one track open to all attendees.
– Presentation formats will include 60-minute presentations, including a Q&A; 60 minute blocks with 3 to 4 15 -to- 20 minute presentations focused on a specific technology (i.e. robotics); panel discussions. Time for Q&A with audience is not included in the 15-20 minutes and should not be considered additional available time to speak.
– Proceedings (Adobe PDF Files) are gathered about one month prior to the event and distributed at the event.
– No technical paper is required.
– Rough drafts of presentations are required and vetted by session chair people to ascertain guidelines have been adhered to.
While we understand circumstances arise that may prohibit you from presenting after confirmation, please let us know as soon as possible.
Again, we would like to thank you for your interest in being part of our high-value technical programs. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago, April 16 – 17, 2019!